Our Policies &
Community-based, independent and non-profit
Tawfiq Masjid and Centre is a community-based, independent, non-profit organisation funded by contributions from members of our community. It is officially registered as charity and its premises was approved as a worship facility.
The Tawfiq Masjid and Centre provides a much-needed Islamic place of worship, along with educational and community facilities for the residents of Barton Hill in Bristol, UK. More than one hundred young students and more than around 50 women are currently benefiting from this centre, learning Islamic religion, the Quran and Arabic language.
- to advance the education of the public in the subject of Islam
- to facilitate learning of the Islamic religion in Bristol for the benefit of the public through the holding of prayer meetings, lectures, public celebration of religious festivals, producing and/or distributing literature on Islam, among other activities
- to act as a resource for young people living in Bristol by providing advice and assistance and organising programmes of physical, educational and other activities as a means of:
- advancing in life and helping young people by developing their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate in society as independent, mature and responsible individuals;
- advancing education.
Tawfiq Centre has developed a number of policies that were approved by the staff and are put into use on a day-to-day basis. These policies include:
- Child protection
- Health and safety
- And other policies that are meant to help the smooth running of the institution
- And more internal policies.
Looking for consultion?
Get in touch with us for a free advisory call!